I love Indian food and it is the second most missed thing from my time in Boston! I think they have the best Indian food there!!! (My #1 thing I miss from there is pastries!!!) This recipe is great because you can make it in the slow cooker, easy to throw together in hurry and just let it cook all day. We love to serve it with homemade garlic naan, but this day I did plain naan because of strep throat has seem to take over our home.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (from a 1 inch piece)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- cooked rice, for serving
In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, stir together chicken, onion, ginger, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, coriander and cayenne; season with salt and pepper.
Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours until fork tender. Shred chicken (this is optional, but my kids like it this way) and in yogurt, cilantro, and if using garam masala.
My review: Easy and tasty! Serve with white or brown rice!
Kids review: They just put this inside the naan and eat it like a taco. It’s a keeper!
For a great Garlic Naan recipe – click here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Naan/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=garlic%20naan&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page