We love Mexican food! I especially love taco salad.
My mother-in-law makes a killer Southwestern Taco Salad, it’s the dressing that makes it so spectacular.
Inspired by this and needing an easy, quick side dish to take to all our summer get-together’s. I came up with this pasta salad, using my mother-in-laws dressing…this turned out oh so good! I added grilled chicken on top of it, which made it a complete meal. So serve it as a side dish or as the main course with your choice of meat it.
Switch up your average pasta salad with this Easy Southwestern Pasta Salad made with fresh veggies, flavorful herbs and a cumin vinaigrette dressing.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups diced cherry or cherub tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 corn on the cobs, cooked and kernels removed from stem or 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- Optional: 1 cup Cojita cheese, shredded
a small mixing bowl or measuring cup make dressing and set aside.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately or cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Cook time is the amount of time for the noodles to boil.
Kids Review – This salad has fresh vegetables, there were a little freaked but were willing to eat the noodles. They loved that part. I took this around to neighbors, well because it makes a lot. Everyone loved it!!! First reactions were “this is so amazing and fresh”, “this feels so light and healthy, better than your normal creamy pasta salad” and “colorful”.